Monday, November 23, 2009

Slow Burn

So today was supposed to be The Day - we were going to walk into our meeting against the "experts" and show them who is really in charge in this town...

Of course my trusty developer - Mr. DT - let me know at the last second that LO AND BEHOLD there was more work to be done...a LOT more work. In fact we are STILL looking at weeks of work today - forget about being ready for any meeting.

Thus, even though I am a deep .NET guy, I have been programming furiously in J2ME since Wednesday, pulling all-nighters and generally trying to salvage this mission. Ever heard of "crash-and-burn" - well this burning is taking its time and really letting me feel the pain.

Of course we are close to getting something out today and if that happens then our investor, Mr. ST, will stick around for another week before running away for good. Pretty impressive if you think about it - this guy barely knows me, due to Mr. DT all I have ever delivered is vaporware and a LOT of Spin Talk and yet he is STILL sticking it out...at least for now.

Burn baby, burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment