Monday, November 2, 2009

Graphics and Projects

So first the Great News - I have about 150+ software projects in .NET and I was very concerned that moving them from the My Documents XP system to the Users folder system in Windows 7 would cause huge file reference issues. Instead there were no issues at all! I did rename the Documents Library in Windows 7 to My Documents and that was enough for Windows 7 to figure out how to change all of the file references - go Windows for finally supporting file system upgrades!!!

On the not-so-good side, there are two annoying things that I have not been able to overcome:

  1. Desktop Icons - So if you perform any updates that process AFTER a reboot, all of your desktop icons disappear. Man that scared the you-know-what out of me the first time but all you need to do is to right-click on the desktop and go to View => Show Icons. Of course this happens EVERY TIME - very annoying.
  2. Background Image - I specifically use a background image that is supposed to span two screens - but Windows 7 repeats it separately for each screen. I have tried every option, upgrade, patch, etc... but it appears that I am stuck in split screen land...

No comments:

Post a Comment